Monday, April 18, 2011

Welcome, Asa Michael Goode!


The walking worked!!

We walked, I went to bed at 10:30pm, woke up at 12:30pm with pretty inconsistent contractions... and at 1:00am Ryan woke up. We started timing the contractions, but they weren't regular at all. Around 2:00 Ryan said "I think we should just go to the hospital." I agreed... so we started getting ready. :) Ryan loaded the dishwasher, I changed my clothes, we took our sweet time, and left at 3:15am. At that point I was definitely in pain... but I still didn't think it was consistent and just kept thinking "It's going to get worse!" We got to the hospital at 3:45am and when they checked me, I was already 8 cm!! The nurse asked me if I wanted an epidural, then said it was a little too late - I could have this baby on my own! Asa was born just two hours later... Monday, April 18, 5:46am, he weighed 7lbs. 14oz. and was 21 inches long... our little miracle baby! :) Welcome to life, Asa!
-Kara Joy

1 comment: